Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a great Valentine's Day! Our morning was "normal". We worked on school and chores around the house. Isaac and Bailey are part of a science co-op on Thursday afternoons, and they had a little party after class. They exchanged Valentines and ate enough sugar to last until Easter. After they had consumed as much as they could hold, we headed home for our own family V-Day celebration. We had a special dinner -- stuffed shrimp (the girls said "No Thank-you!"), pizza rolls, french fries, and crab dip with crackers. The pizza rolls, being a rare treat, were the hit of the party. I had bought a red, plastic table cloth for the table. Bailey said, "It looks beautiful Mom" (I think that it might be time to invest in some table cloths and napkins!). Anna Grace consumed her weight in crab dip. The children each got a little bag that had watercolors, a straw, pencil and candy in it (it is wonderful how little things still thrill their heart). I had fixed a basket of treats from Fresh Market for Mark and included a cd of Weather Channel music (we call it MTV for older people!). My sweet husband gave me lotion and chocolate and a promise of a new Bible. What a sweetie! My favorite part of the day was just being with my family!

No comments: