Saturday, March 8, 2008

Homeschooling Legal Battles

Homeschooling is a right that I have taken for granted. I know that in the not too distant past, many families had to fight legal battles for the right to educate their own children. This week, I was shocked to learn of a legal battle brewing in Californina. The 2nd District Court of Appeals ruled that California parents without teaching credentials do not have a right to home-school their children. Wow! I had no idea that was even a question anymore! We had been intending to join the Homeschool Legal Defence Association (HSLDA) for several months, but had not gotten around to it. I joined yesterday after reading about the court ruling. It was a good reminder that homeschooling is a blessing that I should be very thankful for. I will be praying about the situation in California and watching with great interest!

No comments: