Sunday, April 19, 2009

First Impressions

We have had a great first impression of our new town. In fact, we have joked that almost everyone we have met has been "scary nice". I feel like we are in an X Files episode! It is a bessing to feel so welcomed!

We were able to go to the park with five or six other homeschooling families on Wednesday, and it was a blessing to meet some other moms. The children also really enjoyed playing with some other children. I am praying that we will make some good friends.

We have visited at a church several times, and we have enjoyed it. It is really hard to visit around to different churches with the children! We have come up with a plan. Mark is going to visit other churches on Wednesday nights to get a feel for if it is a place we would like to take the whole family to visit. We may end up staying where we have been visiting. I am still praying about it.

I have been praying that God would prepare a place for us here in our new town. He has been so faithful. I am excited to see how He answers my prayer.

No comments: