Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Unplanned Science Lessons

We have had a few science activities the past week or two that I can not take credit for! Olivia got her little hands on a packet of sunflower seeds a month or two ago, and our house is looking quite sunny! The children decided to search for the seeds inside the flower, and had a great time harvesting the little black treasures!

Our Sunny Girl--
Treasure Hunting--
My dad gave me a Salvia plant when we moved into our house. I planted it by the front steps, and we have had a great time watching that plant! It attracts lots of butterflies, moths and bees. Anna Grace has especially been a moth catcher.


The Salvia plant has also attracted a beautiful spider (I never thought I would call a spider beautiful!).


Mark and Isaac were outside, and Isaac heard some chirps coming from one of the trees. Mark lifted him up, and they discovered some newborn baby birds. Mark became the elevator to help each of our children see the babies. It was quite exciting! I decided to call the little one with his mouth wide open Eli. I think he resembles our little Eli! I sympathize with that Mama Bird -- she has some meal planning to do!


I need to get busy and provide them with some resources to learn out more about the science adventures they have had!


No comments: