Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Anna Grace's New Friend

"Why is there a doll in my suitcase?"
Anna Grace meets her new friend.




A few years ago, I made the rule that the girls in our house had to be seven years old to get an American Girl Doll. That is how old Bailey was, and it seemed to work well. I wanted them to be old enough to take good care of them. Last year, I broke my rule and gave Olivia one for her sixth birthday. She has taken very good care of her. In fact, sometimes I have to encourage her to play with her because she is afraid of messing her up!

A couple of weeks ago, I broke my rule again and gave Anna Grace one for her fifth birthday. There were several reasons for this rule breakage. The girls are in their A.G. book club, and all of the girls have them (I know, I know, I gave into peer pressure.). Her favorite doll was being "retired" at the end of December (I know, I know, I also gave into marketing). Besides all of that, I really liked the doll too!

She had no idea that she was getting it. Her birthday was February 2, but we were heading to Kansas City the weekend before, and one of our destinations was the American Girl store there. I wanted to go ahead and give her the present before we left. I brought out suitcases for the girls to pack for the trip. When Anna Grace opened hers, there was an Elizabeth doll inside. At first, she was completely confused. She thought it was Bailey's doll. We finally convinced her that it was her very own. She was thrilled! It was worth every penny!

No comments: