Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Catching Up

Wow, October has been a whirlwind of a month! I am going to try to catch up in the next several posts. I am spending a week and a half at my parents' house, so I should have a little more time to record my memories!

Mark and I went on a house hunting trip two weeks ago. We packed up the family on a Tuesday night and drove to Meridian, Mississippi. We stayed in a hotel with an indoor pool. We enjoyed the continental breakfast and the pool on Wednesday morning, and then made our way to Chattanooga, Tennessee. We met my parents for supper and they took the children back to their place to spend a few days. Mark and I headed to Decatur, Alabama.

We spent Thursday and Friday looking at about twenty houses in Decatur and Madison. It was a little overwhelming! I felt like I was on the television show "House Hunters" on HGTV. We had originally wanted to find a five bedroom house, which is what we have now, but there were none to be found in our price range. We narrowed our choices down to our favorite three (all four bedrooms): two in Decatur and one in Madison. We finally made the decision to buy the one in Madison, because it is half way between Mark's job and the church we think we might want to attend in Huntsville. We put an offer in on Friday afternoon, and they accepted it Friday night. Needless to say, it was a busy two days!

We drove back to Chattanooga on Saturday and spent the day shopping and watching football. My parents brought the children back on Sunday morning. It was really good to see them! Anna Grace was especially glad to see us. She has developed a serious case of separation anxiety since that trip! I am so thankful that Mom and Dad were able to watch the children. I can not imagine looking for a house with our litte ones with us!

No comments: