Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sadness

I often forget how fleeting our life here on earth really is. We received a sad reminder last night. Mark got a phone call that one of his good friends from college, Darren, was killed in a car accident yesterday afternoon.

We had been getting reacquainted with Darren and his wife Kelly since we moved to Alabama, and had been looking forward to spending lots of time with them. Kelly has really been a blessing to me during our six months here in our new home. Her friendship has meant so much to me during a time when I really needed a friend! I went to see her last night, and it truly made my heart hurt to see her grieving. I wish that I could somehow lessen her pain.

Please pray for my sweet friend Kelly and her precious boys Ben and James, as well as all of their friends and family. Darren will be greatly missed.

No comments: