Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Meal Plan Monday (a little late!!)

I am trying to get back to better meal planning, so here goes....

Monday: Shrimp Alfredo
Tuesday: Refried Beans without the Refry, tortillas, Mexican rice
Wednesday: white bean soup (made with a ham bone) over rice & corn bread
Thursday: pork chops & cream of mushroom soup in the crock pot
Friday: Crock-pot Spaghetti & home-made bread (We have book club in the afternoon, and company for supper, so I need a crock pot meal!)
Saturday: barbecue chicken & baked potatoes (company)

Refried Beans without the Refry (from http://fortheloveofgrub.blogspot.com/)
1 onion, chopped
3 c. dried pinto beans
2 T. minced garlic (I use more and I do not mince them, they get blended at the end)
5 t. salt (I use a lot less)
1 3/4 t. pepper
1/8 t. cumin (I use a lot more)
9 c. water (I use half chicken broth)
Combine all ingredients in crockpot; stir. Cook on high for 8 hours. Strain, reserving liquid. Mash beans, adding reserved liquid to desired consistency. I use my food processer, and the garlic and onion gets mashed in with everything else.

Crock Pot Spaghetti (from my sweet friend Allison)
2 Lbs. hamburger meat, browned and drained
1 cup chopped onion (I use minced onion. I have an onion detector in our house!)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans tomato sauce
6 cups tomato juice
1 package (16 oz) dry spaghetti
1 package Italian dressing, dry

Combine all ingredients except spaghetti in crock pot. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours (high 3-5 hours) Turn on high during the last hour and stir in dry spaghetti. Stir a couple of times to "unclump" noodles, especially just after you put them in.)

No comments: