Thursday, July 22, 2010

What Have We Been Doing, Part 3

Visiting
We have been blessed to visit with lots of friends and family the past few months. Our friends, the Boyds, started our visiting season off in May. They travelled from Alabama to spent a couple of days with us. We had a great time catching up with them, and the children loved running around with their three boys. Our time with them was much too short!

We travelled to Baton Rouge for the Memorial Day holiday. Despite the fact that we moved away from there almost three years ago, we still cherish the time we get to spend with our Loiusiana friends! My friend Laura has a great talent for serving huge, delicious meals, and we were blessed to be able to eat her yummy cooking upon our arrival. Our dear friends, the Callahans, opened their house to us (which is not small thing when you have seven in your family!), and we loved spending time with them. I was able to sneak off to the outlet mall with Connie and Maryellen, and scratch my bargain shopping itch. We spent the last two nights at the "Morris Family Resort" swimming, fishing and bonding with the Stuarts and Butners. Our time in Baton Rouge seemed much too short! Unfortunately, I did not spend much time taking pictures!

Mamaw came for a visit for the Fourth of July, and she brought two special friends with her. The children were thrilled with their visit, and Bailey was especially happy that Mamaw was here to celebrate on her birthday! We loved our visit, and the time flew by!

My parents came for an extra long visit last week. We are used to only having them here for a couple of days, but this time they were able to stay for almost a week! It was wonderful! My mom helped me do a bit of "summer cleaning" and my dad helped in my flower beds and the garden. Mark and I were able to slip away on a date, and my mom and I snuck away to do some shopping. We all loved spending time with Nanna and Grand-Bob!

My friend Laura and her two boys are here right now, and we are having a great time visiting with them. There has not been a lot of sleeping going on, but there has been lots of bonding! I have really enjoyed my chats with Laura, and the older kids have loved playing hide and seek in the dark!

I am truly thankful for visits with friends!

No comments: