Monday, January 26, 2009

A Beautiful Wedding

Wes and Mom-- You can tell by his smile how happy he is
(and not at all nervous!)Mom and me

Mamaw (Mark's Mom) had the "rough" job of snuggling with Eli during the ceremony!


This is a glimpse into why we decided not to have Anna Grace in the wedding! She did get to wear a fancy dress and walk around being cute!



Cheese!


Our "little" family

Our three princesses -- we should probably start a wedding account now!

We travelled to Tennessee this past weekend to celebrate the wedding of my "little" brother Wes to his beautiful bride Rebecca. It was truly a wonderful weekend in so many ways!
Bailey and Olivia were bridesmaids, and they were so excited to be in the wedding! I was relieved at how well they behaved during the wedding. Olivia reminded me of a linebacker as she went down the aisle. She kept her head down and charged ahead! The ceremony was beautiful.
We all had a great time at the reception. We had a yummy dinner and got to visit with a lot of people. There was a dance floor, and we could not keep our girls off of it! Isaac was very embarrassed at first, but he loosened up and danced the night away. We were all exhausted by the time it was over. Eli slept through the night for the first time -- from 10:00 until 6:51. We should go to more weddings!

A few of my favorite parts of the weekend:

--Meeting Rebecca's family -- they were truly wonderful. They were so sweet and patient with my children (who can be a bit overwhelming!).
-- Seeing my mom cut loose with Wes on the dance floor to "I'm Going to Love You Forever"-- Who knew she was such a dancer!?!
-- Watching Mark dance with our daughters. It reminded me of this song. It was also a hoot to see him do "The Twist" with my mom!
-- Seeing people from my home church that I never thought would dance out on the floor
-- Seeing my cousin Robin's son Tyler, the picture of health, after battling Leukemia for several years. Praise God for answering our prayers!
-- Visiting with friends and family
-- Most of all, seeing my little brother so happy and so in love. He has truly been blessed with a beautiful, Godly wife. I pray that they are blessed with a long, wonderful marriage!


The weekend was one of those family memories that I will always treasure!

***None of my pictures of the bride and groom did them justice (my camera did not like the lighting!), so I can't show off what a handsome couple they are! I can not wait to see the pictures the photographer took!









2 comments:

Melissa Hull said...

Kim- Your family is just as beautiful as I remember them! I just wanted to congradulate you on the new addition (I bet Isaac is thrilled) and to let y'all know we are thinking of you. May God bless you and watch you in 2009.
Melissa Hull

Melissa Hull said...

Kim- Your family is just as beautiful as I remember them! I just wanted to congradulate you on the new addition (I bet Isaac is thrilled) and to let y'all know we are thinking of you. May God bless you and watch you in 2009.
Melissa Hull