Friday, January 30, 2009

Eli


Eli is such a blessing. He is growing like a weed! I took Isaac to the doctor for a check up last week, and while I was there, I weighed Eli. He was 22 pounds, 2 ounces. He is wearing 18 month clothes. I am thankful that he is thriving, but weighing that much at three months does present some logistical challenges. He is now over the weight limit for his infant carrier car seat. That is a bit of a pain because I can no longer transport him from the car to the house without waking him up (I hate waking him up -- a wise woman once said, "Waking a sleeping baby is like taking the winning team off the field!"). We do still use the seat around the house because he sleeps so well in it. He has outgrown his swing -- he can still sit in the swing, it just does not have the power to move him! I still put him in his bouncy seat, but it has lost much of its bounce! It is also a bit of a challenge to hold him in one hand and accomplish something with the other hand. All "challenges" aside, I am so thankful he is healthy!
He is starting to try to grab things with his hands. He is not very good at controlling them yet, so it is fun to watch him practice! One of his favorite things is to suck on his fingers. It will be interesting to see if he follows in Olivia's footsteps and becomes a thumb sucker. She loves it when he manages to get his thumb in!
He has started sleeping longer at night. The past few days he has slept around 7 to 8 hours, which is wonderful! He usually wakes up around 5:00, eats, and then goes back to sleep for a couple of hours.
I love seeing his sweet smile and hearing him laugh. He has several very sensitive tickle spots! He is truly a joy, and I am so thankful to be his Mommy!

No comments: