Monday, February 2, 2009

Things That Make Me Smile in the Morning...

I had a wonderful nap yesterday afternoon, so I had a little extra energy last night. I decided to go ahead and unload my dishwasher before I went to bed. I thought to myself, "I am going to smile in the morning when I remember that my dishwasher is already empty!" It is amazing how much little things can make a huge difference in my mornings (especially Monday mornings)! I started to wonder what else I could do that would make me smile the next morning. Here is my little list of things that make me smile in the morning...

--An empty hamper (I have to smile quickly because I can turn my head and the hamper is overflowing again!)
-- A full crock pot -- I love starting supper first thing in the morning and knowing that most of dinner is on its way to being cooked!
-- Sharp pencils -- I bought a new pack of pencils on Saturday, so I went ahead and sharpened them. It is so nice to hear, "I need a pencil" and to be able to grab one right away!
-- Full juice cups -- Anna Grace's first words every morning are, "Can I have juice please?" It is so nice to be able to open the frig. and have the cup already ready (I told you that it does not take much to make my day!).
-- Uncluttered counters and table -- Papers, books and dishes seem to multiply on my kitchen surfaces! Turning on the lights and seeing clear counters brings joy to my heart!
-- School stuff already laid out -- Last night, I went ahead and laid out everything everyone needed for school. There was no last minute scrambling to find a missing book.

A little planning and work on my part at night makes a huge difference in my mornings. Now, if I just can find the energy to do this every night!

No comments: