Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I have been busy with house transition stuff. Mark and I painted the living room over the weekend. I am so glad to have that finished! Mark's mom was here for a visit, and she was a huge help. She washed all of the blinds and the insides of the windows. She also kept the laundry done while I was working on painting. If she had not been here, I would have had a huge amount of laundry to catch up on! I still have decluttering to do, and Mark needs to paint a cabinet in the bathroom. We have decided to hire someone to paint the guttering on the front of the house.

Our house is not even on the market, and I am already tired of keeping it "showable". We have had three appraisers, two real estate agents and the moving company surveyor come to look.

We are heading out on a househunting trip this week. Our agent has about ten houses lined up for us to look at. We will probably put an offer on house and then move the first week or two of April. Things are going to start moving very quickly!

I catch myself throwing a mini fit (on the inside) every once in a while. I stomp my feet and yell "I do not want to move! I just did this!" I remind myself of Olivia. She goes through something similar on Mother's Day Out mornings. She pouts and says that she does not want to go. Then, when I pick her up she had a great time, and it was good for her to be there. We have prayed each step along this journey, and it is time to trust God that this move is good for our family. I am hoping that this is one of those things that we will be able to look back and be thankful that it happened!

No comments: