Monday, March 15, 2010

A Dog????





I am not a dog person. I know many people who are dog people, and I am fine with that. I am not a dog hater, I just don't feel very comfortable around them. I have grown to like dogs a little more since moving here. Our neighbors have dogs that think they belong to us during the day while their owners are at work. They have been really good for our children, who have learned a lot about interacting with dogs. Our children have overcome their fear of dogs, and they are enjoying being around them. In fact, it has been like having the best of both worlds -- the children can play with the dogs, and I do not have to take care of them. I have heard some people say something similar about being grandparents!

Well, in the last day or so, another dog has adopted our family. We do not know where it came from, but it thinks it lives here. We think that it might have been abandoned, which apparently happens quite often around here. It is hungry, and it keeps scratching to get in. So, now what do we do?
To Be Continued....

No comments: