Sunday, August 26, 2007

Catching up!

It has been a little over a week since I last posted, so here is a little catch-up:

--Anna Grace had her 18 month check-up this week. It went very well -- no shots! She made it onto the charts in weight--she is at the 90th percentile (28 pounds). She is still off the charts in height -- 36 inches. Tanya kept the other three children, so the visit was much less stressful than normal!

--Anna Grace and Olivia's Mothers' Day Out teachers came to visit on Thursday. Olivia has the same teachers that she had last year, which she is very excited about. The visits went well, and I think they will help ease first day jitters for all of us.

--We had two focused days of school on Thursday and Friday. I am still working on a routine that helps to juggle all of the needs of the four children. Our summer activities are coming to an end, and we are going to hit the books a little harder than we have been. I love the flexibility that homeschooling offers. I have been working on planning our year, and it looks like we will be finished with our curriculum the third week of May. Of course, that could change. Olivia wants to be a part, and she is constantly asking, "What about my school!?!" I have started doing some preschool activities with her. We are going to work on a letter of the alphabet each week. She is very interested, so I want to take advantage of it!

--I used my new Kitchen Aid mixer on Friday, and I love it! I made homemade bread and pizza dough. It really simplified the process!

--I went to School Aids (school supply store) yesterday. I love going there! I love the smell, the colors, and just about everything about it! It is a dangerous place for me to go (financially speaking)! I know that I can get most things cheaper online, but I love being able to hold the items in my hand before I buy them! I bought a couple of science books and some things to help me with Olivia's "school".

--Bailey got to go up in front of the church with the rest of the new kindergartners today and receive a new Bible. Joe told them, "Read them everyday. Wear them out and we will give you a new one!" I pray that she does!

No comments: