Monday, August 13, 2007

Hot Air Balloons!








We went to the Hot Air Balloon Festival party with our church family on Saturday night. Two families from church live right behind where the festival is held, so we had front row seats. We were able to watch the balloons take off, and then later in the evening we got to watch them glow. The evening ended with fireworks. Neither Anna Grace, nor Olivia were very thrilled with the fireworks, but Isaac and Bailey loved them. They especially loved the finale(as you can see by Isaac's face in the picture above)! All of the children enjoyed the evening. I knew they had fun when Isaac asked, "Do they have this every year?" when we are on the way to the van.

Other tidbits from the past week:

--Bailey and I went shopping at the outlet mall yesterday. It is nice to be able to spend time with the children individually every once in a while. She had a good time looking at the clothes. I let her pick out an outfit, which is something that does not happen very often. She chose a skirt and shirt that looked very "Baileyish." She kept saying, "Just mommy and me!" I enjoyed being out with my Bailey girl!

--Isaac had his three week follow up appointment on his arm today. The x-ray looked great, and his arm appears to be back to normal. The physician's assistant said he is free and clear, except for gymnastics. She said he needed to wait two more weeks before he starts doing flips and somersaults (which I have never seen him do!). I am so thankful that the healing process went so well. God did a great job making our bodies!

--I think that the children are officially burned out on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! I know it is un-American, but they do not want to take another bite! We have packed our lunches to go swimming and to Mommy & Me activities so much this summer that they have had one to many P B & J's. I am going to have to get a little more creative!

--I made vegetarian chili tonight. It had big chunks of onions, green pepper, mushrooms and carrots, which I know can be scary for children! I knew they would not even try it, so I put some of it in the blender and served it to them over rice, with cheese on top. They gobbled it up, oblivious to the fact they were consuming lots of veggies!

My favorite Johnson Family quotes of the week:

"Why is it that sometimes ladies do all the work?" -- Isaac

"Mon" -- Anna Grace's new word. It is a shortened form of "come on" and she says it as she drags me by the shirt to do whatever she want done.

No comments: