Monday, August 6, 2007

Catching Up!

We have had a busy week, and I wanted to write about a few of the highlights. The theme for the week has been water!

--On Monday, we headed downtown to play in the fountains. Isaac and Bailey immediately began running in and out of the water. Olivia and Anna Grace were not so sure. Olivia eventually warmed up, but Anna Grace thought she was being brave by getting within five feet of them. I spent most of our time there chasing Anna Grace. She apparently wanted to explore the downtown area. After about two hours, the sky burst open and released a downpour. We had a frantic dash to the van. After we were all safe inside, we decided that God's fountains were quite a bit more impressive than the ones we had come to see!

--We went swimming at "Ms. Granny's" house on Wednesday. I must admit that I have to talk myself into going every week. Getting everything ready and then watching over the four of them at the pool is an overwhelming thought! It is a blessing to have such great friends to help me while I am there. Isaac and Bailey are very independent (although I keep an eye on them). Isaac has gotten to where he can go all over the pool by himself. Bailey sticks to the shallow end and sometimes wears her float suit. Olivia has a little suit that holds her up, but she still likes adult companionship while she is in the pool. Anna Grace is my wild one. She likes to play in the pool, get out, and then run back in. She and I usually play for the first hour we are there and then she wanders around and looks to see what everyone is eating for lunch. We made it about two and a half hours this week. We were all tired when we got home!

--We repeated our Wednesday experience on Friday. The doctor prescribed lots of swimming for Isaac, to help his elbow get back to normal. Ms. Granny graciously allowed us to come for "therapy" again on Friday (surely I get a few Mommy Points for doing it twice in one week!).

-- My wonderful friend Laura came over and watched the children on Friday night so that Mark and I could go out on a date! It was an early birthday present (Laura is about to have a new little blessing, and my birthday is a little too close to her due date for comfort!). Mark and I went to Raffinos (yummy) for dinner and then on to Barnes and Noble. We finished the evening with a treat from Starbucks (yummy again!). It was so nice to not have to search for babysitting. What a treat!

-- Saturday was a busy day! I made my normal Saturday morning rounds (Walmart, garage sales, produce stand & bread store) and then Mark mowed the yard. We headed to a crab boil at Danielle and Chris's house for lunch. This was our first crab boil, and we had a good time. Danielle's dad had caught the crabs that morning, so they were fresh! Isaac and Mark furthered their Louisiana education, and became "experts" at getting the meat off the crabs! Danielle sent some home with us, so they had more "practice" at lunch on Sunday! The corn was my favorite, despite the fact my lips felt like they were on fire when I was finished.

--We finished our Saturday with a church swimming party (more therapy for Isaac!). We had a lot of fun eating pizza and snacks and visiting with our church family. Mark was gracious enough to get in the pool with Anna Grace, and I was able to sit on the side and chat (what a luxury). We had a good time, and we were all ready for bed when we got home!

--Our Sunday was pretty "normal". We went to church, ate lunch and then had a wonderful nap! I was in a culinary mood, so I made cinnamon bread, blueberry muffins and spaghetti sauce (tomatoes are cheap right now!). We went across the street and met our new neighbors who moved in this week and took them some bread. They were very nice people. Their seven year old grandson lives with them, so Isaac was excited to meet him.

We have had a great week, but I am ready for some quiet days at home. We will see if that happens!

No comments: