Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lots of Help

I have been getting lots and lots of help with Eli from my sweet children. In fact, I have been a bit overwhelmed by all of it! From Isaac down to little Anna Grace, there have been lots of offers to help with holding, kissing, burping and general baby care. Bailey has been especially attentive to her new little brother. She is constantly near by, talking to him and keeping an eye on him. She also keeps my diaper tub full and stocks the supplies I need.

A homeschooling mom whose children are grown told me that when you first bring a new baby home, the baby is the school for the first few weeks (or months). I think their is a lot of truth in her statement. While we are going to get back to reading and math in the next week, the children have learned a lot about babies in the last week. They have learned a lot about the physical side, from umbilical cord care to feeding and changing diapers. They have also been picking up on how to love a baby. I love it when I hear them calling Eli the little names that Mark and I call him and talking to him in sweet voices. I know the novelty of having Eli here will lessen over time, but I am so thankful for their love for him. Children are truly a blessing from the Lord!

No comments: