Monday, October 6, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch





We went with Olivia's Mother's Morning Out class to Tate Farm's Cotton Pickin' Pumpkin Patch last Tuesday. We go to a pumpkin patch almost every year, but this one was amazing! It is a working farm, that produces cotton, soybean and corn, along with pumpkins. I was not quite prepared for the three hour tour that we were taken on. My Knight in Shining Armour (Mark) called me a few minutes before we were leaving home and offered to take a few hours off and come with us. I am so thankful that he did, because I do not think that my pregnant self could have handled it by myself!




We started out with a picnic lunch followed by time on the playground. The playground included a hayloft, tractor tire pyramid, farm equipment that had been converted to slides, and other unique play equipment. We then headed to the corn crib. The children loved "swimming" in the corn (I found quite a handful of corn in the washing machine afterwards!). We stopped by to pet some animals on our way to the hay maze. I was especially thankful for Mark's presence so that I did not have to go through the maze. I think that I would have gotten stuck! We finished the day with a hayride out to the pumpkin field to pick a pumpkin.




It was a warm day, and we were exhausted when we left, but it was a great experience. A stop by Sonic helped to revive us on the way home!

No comments: