Sunday, August 8, 2010

School Pictures...

How did he get to be in 4th grade?!?
Our sweet 3rd Grader!

I love that snaggle tooth smile!

Our little Anna Grace is in Pre-K!

We started back to school last Monday. I wanted to get a jump on our year because we have a couple of trips planned in the next few months. Our first day went well. Olivia and Anna Grace had been asking to do school for several weeks, so they were very excited to start! Isaac and Bailey were not quite as excited, but they worked hard, without much complaining. Even Eli was relatively quiet on our first day! I bought him some Bristle Blocks as "school work", which entertained him for about half an hour (which is like five hours in Eli time!).

The rest of our week was good, but challenging. I seem to go through an adjustment period during the first few weeks of school. I have to figure out to juggle our school work, housework, cooking, etc. I also have to figure out how to keep the littlest one occupied -- schooling with a toddler is hard work! Usually, after a couple of weeks, we get into a routine, and life gets a bit easier (or maybe I become numb). I know that this toddler phase passes all too quickly, so I try to be patient with my little man.

Even though it is challenging at times, I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to homeschool our children. It is truly a blessing! One week down and quite a few to go!!!

No comments: