Saturday, May 2, 2015

My Memory Gallery Wall Part 2-- The Year of JOY

Back in December, I started to realize that I had lost much of the joy that comes from walking with the Lord.  I was still doing all of the same things and I still loved the Lord, but I was tired.  I decided that I needed to spend some time really thinking about and praying about the joy that comes from God.  I declared 2015 to be The Year of JOY.  It was ironic that 2015 started out with sadness.  I guess that was part of my first lesson in The Year of JOY.  Sometimes joy and sadness walk hand in hand.  I definitely wanted to make joy a part of my wall.  

Deciding to focus on joy in December was perfect timing.  I had hit some after Christmas sales (Christmas in a joyful time of year), and picked up quite a few joy reminders.  In fact, I probably went a tad bit over board in my joy decor...



A very talented friend of mine made me a sign to go over our piano...

Another talented friend made a chalkboard frame for me (I am blessed with talented friends...).  My plan was to write a different verse for our family to focus on each month, but Romans 15:13 has been up since January.  I think it may be my verse of the year!


Proverbs 3:5 has been one of my life verses, so it made its way onto my wall as well.

No comments: