Saturday, May 2, 2015

My Memory Wall-- Places

I am a Tennessee Girl.  My blood runs orange and I love Rocky Top.  When I married Mark, I knew that we would probably be moving.  Tennessee, with its many strengths, is weak in chemical industry.  It came time for us to move when Isaac was six months old.  I did not want to move to Louisiana.  I did not want to move away from my mom and dad.  I was still trying to figure out how to be a stay at home mom.  I was trying to figure out my roll in the church as a mom of a baby.  I was crying as I went, but I was also praying. Mark and I both prayed that God would prepare a place for us.  We prayed for friends and a church family.  I cried and we prayed.

 I arrived in Louisiana on a Friday (Mark had been there a few weeks).  We went to church on Sunday and a young couple's picnic on Monday.  God very quickly answered our prayers.  It took a while for the sadness to go away, but it did not take long to find friends and a church family.  God was so faithful to us during this time of transition.

We lived in Louisiana for six years, and we were so blessed by our life there.  We still wanted to get closer to family, so we decided to move to Alabama.  I cried when I left Baton Rouge as hard as I had cried when I came.  Once again, we prayed that God would prepare a place for us in our new home.  We found a church family we liked and we met a lot of friendly people.  We made a few friends, but it still did not feel like home.  I learned that I needed to be content in each season of my life.  It was not an easy lesson, but it was such an important one.  After only fourteen months in our new home, we got the news that Mark's job would be moved, and we could not stay there.  Those fourteen months suddenly made much more sense.  


We came for an interview in Batesville and it immediately felt more like home.  We were blessed with friends very quickly and we jumped right into a new church family.  Looking back at our times of transition has helped me to see how faithful God has been to us.  These pictures are great reminders that I do not need to worry about the future because it a great provider.

No comments: