Saturday, May 2, 2015

My Memory Wall-- Answered Prayers

I believe strongly that God answers our prayers.  Unfortunately, I do not always have eyes to see the many prayers he has answered in my life.  As I was thinking about what to put on my wall, I thought of several times that God answered prayers major requests in our life. 


I prayed for almost ten years that God would bless me with a husband that loved Him.  I was beginning to feel "old" but I kept praying.  When I was twenty-seven, I met Mark at a football party and a friend snapped this picture that night.  It is a treasured reminder that God answered my prayers.



Artwork by Olivia

Being a mom was my real career goal.  I am so thankful God answered that prayer as well!


One of the saddest times of our marriage was the death of Mark's dad.  Elmer was a very kind man who loved his family (especially his grandchildren) very much.  We prayed a lot during his battle with cancer.  God, in his infinite wisdom, did not grant his earthly healing, but he answered our prayers for peace and comfort so beautifully.  We look forward to a reunion with him someday.  I am so thankful for the hope of Heaven.

No comments: