Tuesday, July 31, 2007





Olivia keeps me on my toes! Yesterday, I started a new "character training" lesson. I wanted to encourage the children to obey when I asked them to do something, without complaining. For example, if I say, Isaac, would you please help Anna Grace open the door?" It is so nice if he says, "Yes, Ma'am" and does it. So, yesterday I started rewarding those types of responses with an M&M. I put them in a bowl, and they got to eat their goodies and dinner time. It was so pleasant around here! So, when it came time to eat the goodies, Olivia put and M&M in her mouth and promptly spit it out. She got a napkin and started wiping her tongue to get the taste off. She said, "I do not like M&Ms Mommy!" She typically loves all candy, and she has always gobble up M&Ms. I suppose that motivational lesson has lost its effectiveness!

Olivia's newest obsession is playing on the computer. She heads there as soon as she gets up, and wants to play every chance that she can. Part of the problem is that Isaac and Bailey love it too! I did not know anything about computers until I went to college, and it amazes me that my three year old can turn it on, put in her own game, use the mouse and play the game! Her favorites right now are Green Eggs & Ham, D. W. and Freddy Fish.
Today, Olivia decided she wants to let her hair grow out to her toes! Whenever I tell her that I love her, she says, "I love all my family and all my people." I love my Olivia!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: