Saturday, September 15, 2007

Blue Bayou

Splash!

Love that blue tongue!


Daddy's Girl!

Spider Girl?!?



Our much anticipated trip to Blue Bayou went very well! We arrived a few minutes before 10:00, and stayed until 5:15. That is an amazing amount of time for our four children family! Exxon really knows how to put on a picnic. We had a free lunch (barbecue chicken for Mark and me, and hot dogs and chips for the children). We also had snow cones, ice cream sandwiches and all of the soft drinks we wanted. They gave away door prizes each hour. Isaac won a ten dollar gift card to Toys R Us (He was thrilled!).

Bailey shocked Mark and me! She was the queen of adventure. She and Mark went on a roller coaster, two "grown-up" water slides, the swings, and the "Music Express" ride. She seemed to be fearless! Isaac put a lot of thought into the bigger rides and talked himself out of them all. He did have a blast going down the slides in Pirates Cove and relaxing on the lazy river. Olivia went down one of the smaller water slides in Pirates Cove face down (she has a nice bruise under her eye), and decided that was enough for her. The dry rides (merry-go-round, cars, planes, etc.) were her favorite. Anna Grace enjoyed splashing in the water and watching the older children be adventurous. I had a good time riding the swings. I could tell that I am getting older by the slightly yucky feeling in my stomach when I was done swinging. That feeling did not used to be there! Mark was a great dad! Thankfully, he was willing to go on all of those rides with Bailey.

What a wonderful day! There should be a lot of sleeping going on at our house tonight!

My favorite quotes of the day --

--Isaac said, "I wish this day could go on forever!"

--Bailey asked, "How many days until we can come again?" (365)

--When Mark asked Olivia if she would like to go down a water slide with him (after her face incident), she said, "I'll stay here and take care of Anna Grace!"

No comments: