Friday, September 14, 2007

Some Pig! Terrific! Radiiant! Humble!







Tonight was our Charlotte's Web family night. I have been reading the book aloud to Isaac and Bailey as part of their homeschool. We finished it on Wednesday (it was suppose to take us another week, but we could not stop!). Isaac and I both cried at the end of the next to the last chapter (I have already ruined the ending of the book for my dear sweet friend Mela this week, so I will not write the ending here. I am really sorry Mela!), even though we had both seen the movie and I have read the book several times in my life. It is a really good story!

We had a special Charlotte's Web supper. We ate pigs in a blanket, Templeton (the rat) peaches, popcorn and spiders made from crackers, peanut butter and pretzels. We also made a Charlotte cake and some baby spider cupcakes. The children and I had a good time getting everything ready (and keeping it a secret from Daddy). We finished the night by watching the movie. Isaac was able to find quite a few (small) differences between the book and the movie. I think he and Bailey enjoyed the movie more now that they have read the book. We had a great night!
Our favorites:
--Isaac's favorite part of the movie was when they went to the fair. His least favorite part was the sad part that we will not mention!
--Bailey's favorite part was the last chapter.
--Olivia liked the part with the rotten goose egg.
--Anna liked looking at the pig on the television.
--My favorite scene from the movie is when Fern's mother goes to see the doctor to discuss her concerns that Fern is spending too much time with the animals in the barn and not enough time with other children. The doctor said, "There's a name for her condition, it is called a childhood phase. Sadly enough she'll grow out of it soon."




1 comment:

pecpec123 said...

How wonderful to dedicate a blog to little 'ol me! Dustin laughed at us when he saw this! Looks like ya'll had a great night!! And I simply adore the Charolette's Cake and baby cakes, that is way too cute! We may have to copy this one. Looks like alot of fun!!

....I just signed up for google so I could leave this comment and I didn't realize I was using my cat's name for my name!!! OOPs... oh well, in case you were wondering when you saw that funny name!!!