Friday, September 14, 2007

Tidbits from our Week

--We had Mommy & Me on Monday. My new friend Sara hosted us this week. For various reasons, we were the only ones that could make it, which gave the two of us lots of time to talk. I had a really nice time visiting with Sara. She, her husband and cute little one-year-old son just moved here. Her situation reminds me a lot of mine when we first moved here. I remember those first few weeks of missing my family and trying to make new friends. I vividly remember my first Sunday at our church. I was standing in the lobby (Isaac had gotten tired of the sermon) and everyone around me knew each other. I prayed that God would send someone to talk to me, and I was so thankful that He did! God really blessed me, and I pray that I can bless others in similar situations.

--Bailey started music class with Mrs. Judy on Monday evening. Isaac has been taking the class for a year now, and we are thrilled with all that he has learned. Bailey got up Tuesday morning and asked if she could go again. Mark is taking her to the class. It is a great chance for him to spend some quality time with his Bailey girl and learn some new things about music at the same time!

--Our school time went really well this week. We are starting to get used to our routine, and things are starting to go a little more smoothly.

--We had Kindergarten Club story time at the library on Thursday. I met several new homeschooling moms whom I enjoyed talking to. I am thankful to have company on this homeschooling journey!

--My favorite quote of the week comes from Olivia. I was putting Anna Grace down for a nap, and I turned the fan on. It started to make a squeaking sound (my $2 yard sale fan is high quality!). Olivia said, "Let me handle this." She went over and started to hit it. Her talents never end!

--Tomorrow is our much anticipated trip to Blue Bayou water park. Exxon is having their annual family picnic there, and the children have been asking about it since last September. It should be quite an adventure!

No comments: