Sunday, September 30, 2007

Change is in the air!

I have not written in a couple of weeks, and what a couple of weeks it has been! Mark went for a job interview on September 17, and was offered a job (in Decatur, AL) the next day. We had been praying that God would make the decision very obvious, and He did! Mark really liked the job, and they gave him a good offer. When Mark called me with the news of the offer, I was really excited! He was excited, and I was very happy for him. Then, I was talking on the phone with a friend, telling her the news, and it hit me! We were really going to leave Baton Rouge! Before we were done talking, we were both crying! A few minutes later, another friend called to chat, and I was sobbing again. After that, I made the executive decision to email everyone else(besides our family)! I told Isaac and Bailey the news a few hours later, and they were heartbroken! Bailey cried for about thirty minutes, and Isaac kept lamenting all the things he would not be able to do again and all of the things he would miss.

When we moved here six years ago, I did not want to come! I did not want to move twelve hours away from my family. I did not want to leave the mountains! I did not want to leave my friends! I cried buckets and prayed a lot. I prayed for God to prepare a place for us, and He did. I would have never imagined that I would cry buckets when it was time to leave Baton Rouge! God really prepared a wonderful place for us! Now, here I am praying that same prayer about Huntsville, and trusting that He will be faithful to answer our prayers once again.

After the first two days, I was able to focus on the wonderful aspects of this move. We will be only 230 miles away from my parents (instead of 680). Mark will have the opportunity to try a job that is a little different from what he is doing now. He is really ready for the change of pace!He worked at this plant right after he graduated from collage, and he really liked the area. I am excited. I know that it will be hard when it comes time for us to actually move, but I am firmly convinced that the friends we have here are friends for life (we are making sure that are new house has a guest room).

We have been in a bit of a holding pattern for the last week. It is my nature to spring into action when change is in the air. When I hear that we are moving, I want to know what I need to do to get our house ready and to find a new house. The new company is taking good care of us (packing us, possibly buying our house, etc.), so there is not a lot for us to do. I have done some painting and cleaning. I have also been going through our stuff, looking for stuff we do not really need (my children are worried every time they see me with a trash bag). Right now we are waiting on the results of Mark's background check and drug test (we are not too concerned), and then things should happen quickly. I have been studying all of the houses available in the Decatur/Huntsville area on the Internet. I feel like I have memorized them enough that I could move up there and be a real estate agent! So, I am having to patient and work on the time frame laid out by the company (instead of the one in Kim's world).

Wow! That is probably enough rambling for this post. This is really an exciting/bittersweet time for us. I am thankful for the opportunities that lie ahead!

No comments: