Friday, September 7, 2007

Happenings at Our House

Nanna and Grand-Bob (my parents) came for a visit over Labor Day weekend. It was really great to have them here. Mom and I were able to get in some shopping (love those summer clearance sales), and we did our normal outings with the children (Dollar Store, Sam's, and Chick-fila-A). Mom and Dad showed how much they love my children by eating lunch at McDonald's. It is most definitely not their favorite restaurant! It was hard to see them go. Isaac, especially, takes it very hard when they leave.

Olivia and Anna Grace started "school" this week. They are going to Mother's Day Out at a local church two days a week for four and a half hours a day. So far, they are doing very well. Earlier in the summer, I thought that I would be very sad when it came time to put them in. This week, I actually really enjoyed it! It was nice to have some time with just Isaac and Bailey. We were able to get some good school work accomplished and run some errands. I was really glad to see the little ones when it was time to pick them up. I am thankful for a great first week!

Anna Grace went "crib riding" two nights ago. She is usually very easy to put to bed. We put her in her bed and she typically looks at books until she is tired and then she goes to sleep. This particular night she was very restless. She started screaming, and I went to check on her. She had managed to put one leg over the crib rail and was perched up on top of the rail, riding it like a horse. She was terrified! We eventually got her to sleep, and she has not attempted it again. I am hoping it does not happen again -- I am not ready for her to move to a "big-girl" bed!

Mark and I went on a date last night. We had to get a baby sitter because we both had meetings at the same time, so we decided to take advantage of it and go out to eat afterwards. We had a yummy meal and a traditional stop at Starbucks on the way home. It is so good for us to have a little time away. The babysitter did a great job. My house was quite a bit cleaner than when I left. What a blessing!

I am heading up the Kindergarten Club for our local homeschool group this year. We were in it last year and really enjoyed it. We are having a mom's Coffee and Dessert night at La Madeline's restaurant tonight. Our other September activities are story time at the library and a tour of Papa John's (we also get to make our own pizza -- yummy!). So far, I have had about fourteen families join. I am looking forward to meeting the other moms.

It is funny how activities seem to come in waves. This has been a very busy week, and then the rest of September is pretty open. I am ready for a few more nights at home!

No comments: