Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Aunt Novella


We travelled home to Tennessee this past weekend to say good-bye to a very special lady. Mark's Aunt Novella went to be with the Lord last Tuesday evening. She was eighty-three years old, and lived her life to the fullest up until the very last. She had the privilege of having her last memories be of worshipping with her church family. What a blessing!

Aunt Novella was very special to us. Mark's paternal grandparents died several years before he was born, and Aunt Novella was a grandmother figure to him. She welcomed me into the family with open arms, and loved my children like her own grandchildren. She loved her church family, was very involved in the Eastern Star, and volunteered at the hospital up until the very end of her life. What a way to live! I pray that I can live and die like her! I will miss you Aunt Novella, and I look forward to seeing you again!








No comments: