Monday, December 31, 2007

Settling in

We travelled home to Alabama yesterday. It was great to have less than a four hour drive. We are used to having a full day's drive after Christmas vacation. I am always ready to get back into a normal routine at this time of the year. I crave normal sleeping arrangements, a more organized house, and better eating habits. This year is a little different. When we were driving home yesterday, I thought to myself, "It will be nice to get back to normal." My next thought was, "We are not getting back to our old normal, we are getting back to Alabama normal." I am not really sure what that looks like yet. We moved in the week before Thanksgiving, and I jumped into unpacking boxes and making Christmas preparations. We travelled home for Thanksgiving, a funeral, and then Christmas. We have only had two weekends at home since we moved in. In other words, we have not had a "normal routine" for several months. So, now we are about to move into January, which looks like it will be a very normal month. It is time for us to start working on building (and continue praying about) our new lives here. I have to admit, it makes me a little lonely. I usually look forward to coming home and seeing our friends and getting back to our routine at church. It also makes me a little excited. I am looking forward to seeing what God has planned for our lives in 2008. I look forward to making new friends and visiting with our old ones. I am really ready to get settled in!

No comments: