Sunday, December 2, 2007

A fine-tuned sense of smell

Olivia has a very keen sense of smell. She is also a very verbal three-year-old. This can be a good combination. She often alerts me that I need to change Anna Grace's diaper or take out the trash. It can also be a very bad combination! While we were visiting with family over the Thanksgiving holiday, Olivia told my brother (who had been mowing grass) that he smelled like gas and dirt. Earlier that same week, a nice man came to hook up our cable. Olivia was chatting with him while he worked in the living room. I was playing a game with Isaac in the next room. I heard Olivia tell the nice man, "I smell something, and it is you!" Thankfully, he did not understand what she said and I quickly called out of the room before she could repeat herself. We have since had a talk about not hurting people's feelings! Olivia definitely keeps us on our toes!

No comments: