Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Little Runaway

We went to a Life Group Christmas Party on Sunday night. We had a good time meeting some new families. The children had a blast! Isaac played flashlight tag with the older children. Bailey and Olivia played dress up with the host family's daughter and Anna Grace wandered around smiling. The children were all a little unhappy (understatement) when it was time to leave. Olivia threw a fit that only a three year old can. While Mark was dealing with her, I walked the other children out to the van. I had my hands full of our miscellaneous stuff (we do not travel lightly) and Anna Grace was walking beside me. We got to the van, and I expected Anna Grace to climb up into her seat as usual. Instead, she turned, smiled at me and ran towards the street. It was dark, and a car was coming. I threw everything down and took off after her, yelling for her to stop. She thought it was a game, and ran faster, laughing hysterically. I finally caught up with her, right before she hit the street. Needless to say, I was terrified! I managed to twist my foot, and I have been limping ever since. I am so thankful that it was a injured foot instead of something much more tragic. We have been training Anna Grace on the word "STOP" ever since. Praise God for his protection!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Hey Kim! I was so excited to see that you were a "blogger", I'm addicted! Welcome to Alabama-wish you were a little closer to Montgomery! Hang in there with the move, we recently changed churches so I've been going through the same thing all over again. It is sooo hard! I don't comment much, but I'll be checking out your blog-glad to be in touch!
Betsy Emerson