Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Short Sports Rant

I do not often blog about sports issues, but I had to write a little post tonight about Phil Fulmer, the coach of UT (actually now he is the former coach). I strongly disagree with the athletic director's decision to fire him. In my little world, I do not like it when my team loses, and I really like it when my team wins, but those emotions pass quickly. It seems like winning has become way too important. College sports in general have become too important. It is amazing to me how much money, time, emotions and words are poured into these teams and these games. I wonder if it is even fun for many of the people who coach, play and especially watch. Oh well, those are just my thoughts in my little world.

I am glad that Fulmer could go out on two wins. And, despite the fact I am sure that it has been a hard season for him, I am sure that his retirement fund is fully funded! After this short little rant, I am ready to get back to my usual blogging topics!

No comments: