Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Chef Anna Grace

Anna Grace was my first participant in the "Have each child plan and cook a meal" summer bucket list activity.  She chose  to cook Parmesan Chicken.  She really did a wonderful job.  I was impressed that she was willing to touch raw chicken (which is still not my favorite thing).  

I overestimated the amount of Parmesan cheese in the refrigerator, so it was kind of "bread crumb chicken with a dash of Parmesan added in".  Just in case you are wondering, all of those extra packets of Parmesan that come in take out pizza do actually come in handy sometimes!  

We have a surplus of squash and zucchini  so we used our extra breadcrumb mixture to make squash and zucchini Parmesan.  Anna Grace also made garlic bread (left over hamburger buns).  She was very proud of her meal, and I was very proud of her.  I need to do this more often!





No comments: