Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Conversations with Eli

Eli is at a fun conversational age!  You never know what he is going to ask or say (which can be a bit scary!).  I had some time alone with him yesterday while the other children were at piano lessons, and he kept me chuckling the whole time.

We headed to Walmart first, and as were pulling into the parking lot, he said, "Here again!  Why do we come here everyday?"  I have wondered that same thing many times!  As we were shopping, he asked in his not so quiet voice, "When are you going to grow another baby??"  Then he came out with, "Why don't I have any kids?  How old do you have to be to have kids?"




We headed to the duck pond next, and I loved having the time just to have a "deep" conversation with him.  

"When can we go to the moon?  How do you work?  Can I go to the moon and be a daddy?"


  "If we see a big giant crocodile, hand me the camera.  I will take a picture and then we can run!  Okay?"

If you throw sticks in the water, the snakes will come!


"I am looking for baby crocodiles!"


"Can I pet the ducks?  Why not???  They won't bit me, they can't reach me!"

I love catching a glimpse of life through four year old eyes.  I need to take the time to truly listen more often!


No comments: