Friday, June 29, 2007

Daddy's Here!

Yesterday morning, I met Mamaw (Mark's mom) in Morristown, which is about half way between her house and my parents' house. We ate at Cracker Barrel, and then Isaac and Bailey went with to spend the night with Mamaw. They were very excited. They both love the attention, and Mamaw loves having them. It is a bit hard for me not to have all four of my little cuties with me, but I am glad they get to go.

Olivia was not too happy that she did not get to go. I asked her what special thing that she wanted to do while they were gone, and she said, "Maybe go to Walmart?" We decided to go to the mall instead. There is a little playground that she and Anna Grace enjoyed playing on. We looked around in the Disney store and then ate lunch at the food court. I am amazed at people that can take their small children to the mall and enjoy the shopping experience (Connie is a wonder woman at this!). Olivia and Anna Grace did OK, but I was very ready to head for the van! We took a nap (yeah!) and had fun with sidewalk chalk. At bedtime, I asked Olivia to tell me a story. She said, "There was a little girl who missed her daddy, and he came home." Her story came true after she went to sleep!

Mark's plane was originally supposed to arrive at 10:15 PM, but he called me in the afternoon to let me know it was behind schedule. I got to the airport at about 11:30, and his plane came in about 12:15. I enjoyed watching people as relatives and friends came to pick up their loved ones. The airport is a great place for people watching! I was very happy to see Mark!

When Olivia woke up this morning, she heard some snoring. At first, she thought it was Isaac making the noise. Then she realized it was Daddy. She said, "Daddy is burping!" She and Anna Grace were both very excited to see their Daddy!

No comments: