Thursday, June 21, 2007

Eight Wonderful Years!

Mark and I celebrated our eight year anniversary tonight. Our actual anniversary was last Tuesday, but we waited to go out until my Mom was here to babysit. We ate dinner at Louisiana Lagniappe (DELICIOUS!) and then had coffee and dessert at Starbucks.

We have had an eventful eight years! When we got married, Mark was in grad school and I was teaching at an inner city elementary school. During our first few months, I had Mono and Shingles. A few months later, I was pregnant with Isaac. Our little guy was born while Mark was trying to finish up his dissertation (major stress!). We were just shy of our second anniversary when we moved to Baton Rouge (which felt like the other end of the world!). We have now had three more little cuties added to our family. We have had some sad times -- Mark's father, my grandfather, both of my grandmothers, and Mark's Uncle Walmar have all gone to be with the Lord. We have lived in one apartment and two houses. We endured the scary times here in Baton Rouge following Hurricane Katrina. Through it all, God has been faithful. He placed us in a loving church family and surrounded us with wonderful friends when we were missing our family so very much. Our children have a very strong relationship with their grandparents, despite the miles between us.

A lot has happened in eight years! I am so thankful that I am blessed with such a wonderful husband! I love you Mark!

No comments: