Monday, June 25, 2007

A myth about young children

"Anna Grace is up late tonight, hopefully she will sleep late in the morning." This thought has gone through my mind many times, despite the fact that it hardly ever happens. My thought should be, "Anna Grace is up late tonight, she will get up at about normal time, and be a little grouchy later in the morning! Anna Grace usually goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:00, and wakes up around 6:00, give or take a half an hour. I like for my children to go to bed by about 8:00, I start to twitch a bit if they are up much past that. I tend to be a bit of a morning person, so I do not mind if they get up early.

Take last night, for example. We were up until almost 10:30. The children were excited about being at their grandparents' house, and it took a while to get them to sleep. I was tired after driving, and I was hoping to get to sleep late. It would stand to reason, that since Anna Grace went to bed about two and a half hours late, that she would should sleep two and a half hours late (Ha! Ha!). She started making noise at 6:37, and I got her out of her bed at 6:51 this morning. She is a cutie pie, and she smiled her sweet smile, so I could not be frustrated! Maybe she just wants to make sure that I do not waste my day sleeping! What a thoughtful girl!

No comments: