Sunday, June 24, 2007

We made it!

We (Nanna, the children and I) made the journey from Baton Rouge to Knoxville today. We pulled out of the Exxon on Highland Road and I-10 (I had to have my coffee!) at 7:00 AM and pulled in to my parents' house at 5:15 PM. It usually takes us between eleven and twelve hours, so it was nice to shave a few minutes off! The trip is approximately 675 miles.

The children were great travelers! Our portable dvd player really helps on these trips. I used to think thoughts like, "Our children do not need to watch television in the car. They can enjoy looking out the window!" I have eaten those words! We cut about an hour off of our trip when we finally broke down and bought that precious equipment! I discovered that Anna Grace likes the Wiggles! She was getting fussy when we were still several miles from Meridian, but she calmed right down when we put in the "Yummy! Yummy!" DVD.

We made our usual stop in Meridian, Mississippi for lunch at McDonald's. It has an indoor playground, which provides a welcome stretch for little legs. We also stopped at a rest area and a gas station. Everyone was ready to get out of the van when we arrived in Knoxville! Grand-Bob (my dad) was very happy to see us!

No comments: