Thursday, June 7, 2007

Our Summer Begins

Our summer is off to a busy start, even though it is not officially summer! I have not written much in the past week, so I am going to recap the last couple of weeks!

Isaac's baseball season ended on a good note. His team was finally victorious in their next to the last game! It was a close game, and Isaac was able to score one of the final runs. It is amazing how excited a group of adults can get! Healing Place (the church that sponsors the league) put on a great season finale, complete with free food and games and a great fireworks display. Mark took Isaac, Bailey and Olivia (what a great Dad!) and they had a good time. Isaac was happy with the medal that he received, and Mark and I are a bit happy that the season is over! We are very proud of all the progress Isaac made!

We started our summer swimming last Wednesday. Ms. Sam and Mr. Ray, a wonderful couple from our church, open their home on Wednesdays for families to come and swim. I was a bit apprehensive about taking the four of them, but I think that we have gotten into a good routine. Isaac is fairly independent on his own, and Bailey and Olivia have float suits that keep them above water. I chase Anna Grace around and keep her supplied with snacks while keeping an eye on the other three. Thankfully, I have the other moms to help. We stayed for about four hours yesterday, and we all slept well last night!

We have quite a bit planned over the next month. I am going to the Texas Home School Convention in Houston with three other ladies. We are leaving in the morning and coming back on Saturday night. Mark is going to take care of our four cuties. What a man! Next Thursday we are heading to the beach for a long weekend. We will return on Monday and my mom is flying in on Tuesday. The children and I are going to drive home with her the following Sunday and stay for a couple of weeks. Mark will join us for the second week. The first half of our summer is packed, and then we have nothing planned for the second half of July and all of August.

I am tentatively planning on starting school with Isaac and Bailey on July 16. I started early last summer, and it was really nice to have the flexibility to take off when I wanted during the year.

1 comment:

Dr. Roger D. Butner said...

Kim,

I love the new look on the new blog. What a great picture of the kids! We are so looking forward to our second beach adventure together with you guys.

Roger