Thursday, June 25, 2009

It Starts Early!

My Crazy-Haired Princess!

I have struggled with my curly hair most of my life. I can remember being so frustrated that I could not get my hair to "feather". My hair and I are finally at peace with each other. I think I am just a bit too busy to really think much about my it!


Two of my sweet daughters have been blessed/cursed with curly hair as well. Anna Grace, who is not quite three and a half, is already very interested in her hair. She refers to curly hair as "crazy hair." She has been spending lots of time in front of the mirror, wetting and brushing her hair. Yesterday, she momentarily succeeded in brushing out some of the curl. She announced, "I look like Emma!" A few minutes later, much to her frustration, the curls were back. She said, "I do not want crazy hair!" She is also very concerned about messing up her hair. She wears her pink headband constantly (I have to sneak in and take it off after she is asleep). She was very frustrated with me yesterday because I would not turn off the ceiling fan. She did not want "the wind" to mess up her hair! She also warned Mark to be careful with her hair when he gave her a hug.


We do our best to reassure her that she is beautiful, but she is quite an opinionated little critter! I pray that she makes peace with her hair, and with her appearance in general. Teaching our daughters to spend as much time making sure the inside is as beautiful as the outside, is quite a challenge. For now, I am enjoying watching her early attempts at primping. We are a little afraid of what she is going to be like as a teenager!

No comments: