Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ten Years and Counting!

This picture was taken the day we met.

Mark and I celebrated our tenth anniversary earlier this month (I am a little behind on my blogging!). I was thinking back over our first ten years of marriage, and I was amazed at how busy we have been. I made a mental list of some of the big events in our first decade, and I thought I would write a few of them here.



In the last ten years --



-- We took a wonderful three week honeymoon to California.

--Mark finished his dissertation and graduated with his PhD.

--I had Mono and Shingles in the first six months of marriage. I was beginning to think I was allergic to marriage!

--I taught at an inner city school for the first year and a half of our marriage. My last day was a Friday, and Isaac was born on Sunday!

--We have been blessed with five children, born in three states. This means that I have been either pregnant or nursing eight of the last ten years!

--We have lived in one apartment and four houses in four different states.

--Mark has worked at three different companies, doing three different jobs!

--We had to say goodbye to Mark's dad, three of my grandparents, two uncles and a special aunt. We miss them greatly!

--We have survived ten seasons of Tennessee football, (if you know us, you know that is a big achievement!).



Reading this list makes me a little tired! It also makes me very thankful that God has sustained us through so much transition and stress! I am thankful to be married to such a wonderful man. I am looking forward to the next ten years (and praying they are a little more settled!). Praise God for the blessing of marriage!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Aww, that pic is just how I remember you guys! Also, I enjoyed the post above, we have crazy hair in our house too. We don't own brushes, just water bottles! Happy Anniversary!