Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Back to Normal

We arrived back home on Sunday night, and I have spent the last two days trying to get back to "normal". The first week after a big trip is always a challenge. The children go through grandparent attention and sugar withdrawal (so do I, for that matter!). I have a to-do list that is about a mile long (unpacking, balancing our budget, cleaning, laundry, etc.). So, while I am trying to work around the house, the children clamor for attention, and we all go a tad bit crazy. I have learned that I need to set small goals for each day during a week like this. I tell myself that if the house is neater when I go to bed than it was when I got up, I have accomplished a lot!
We are going to have "Johnson Boot Camp" during the next couple of weeks, as we try to get back to healthier eating and a more set schedule as we gear up to start school. My goal for next week is to begin training the children to help more around the house. We will see how that goes!

Yesterday we went to Mommy and Me at the Parish Hermitage. The children enjoyed their swamp tour with Mr. Eddie. They were also happy to see their friends! It was worth enduring the Louisiana heat!

No comments: