Thursday, July 26, 2007

Water Day

We went to "Water Day" at the church property this morning. The children had a blast! It could have also been named "Mud Day" (we had a massive downpour yesterday, that left quite a few mud puddles), but that did not seem to bother the children one bit! Some lovely ladies from church set up quite a few very creative stations, and the children rotated through each station. The toddler crowd splashed in a couple of wading pools and a sprinkler. We finished up with a lunch of sandwiches, chips and homemade ice cream (made by the children). On the way home, Bailey asked why Water Day only comes once a year. I explained how much work went into it and how there were still ladies there cleaning everything up. I really appreciate the wonderful things our church does for my children!

1 comment:

Jan said...

And I appreciate all that you do too, Kim. I love your kids and am enjoying getting to know them a little better.