Monday, July 2, 2007

Time Away!

My parents took care of our four cuties while Mark and I went away for the night. We left at lunch time on Saturday, and had lunch at Aubrey's, which is one of our favorite restaurants in Knoxville. We had salads and shared an appetizer. Afterwards, we went to McKay's used book store and spent a couple of hours browsing. We have not found a used book store in Baton Rouge that comes anywhere close to McKay's. We stopped and had a treat from Starbuck's. I had a Raspberry Mocha Frappaccino - it was yummy! We explored two more bookstores -- one discount and one used. I love the fact that Mark and I both think that exploring bookstores is a good time (I would say he married the right woman!). We had supper at a Japanese restaraunt and had Hibachi. The food was delicious! We had a lot left over, so we stopped back by and left it in the refrigerator. Isaac chowed down!

We spent the night at the Mariott. I really enjoyed relaxing and reading the books we bought. I slept through the night and stayed in bed until almost 9:00 (that is like noon in Kim time). We ate breakfast at the Mariott restaurant and then spent more time laying around and reading. We went back to my parents' house around noon.

I am so thankful that my parents were willing and able to give us a retreat. It was so good to spend time having fun with Mark, with no parenting required. One of my favorite things was having no time schedule on Saturday, not having to get back at any certain time. I really enjoyed my time away, but I was thankful to see the children and get back to being a Mommy!

No comments: